When you are planning to make a long drive and vacation with extra luggage, then cargo carrier is the only solution for you to carry those things. When you are planning for a trip, you cannot compromise on leaving anything behind. For example a skiing trip is useless without skiing gear. Thus conventional vehicles have space just to accompany people and dumping things inside it will make the trip horrible. Just with little modification to the vehicle you can carry all those things with the conventional vehicle. The modification makes the place for cargo carrier installation. There are two types of cargo carrier. They are
- Roof rack carrier
- Trailer hitch or rear hitch
Depending on the type of vehicle and goods you carry, your type of cargo carrier choice differs. If you want to look into the various type of cargo carrier that suit your vehicle specification, then have a look at http://www.cargocarrierbox.com/best-hitch-mounted-cargo-carrier/.
Each type of carrier has different advantages based on the usage and specification. In this article you will have get to know the benefits of cargo carrier based on the types.
Roof rack carrier
This is attached to the roof top of vehicle. When your car does not have side rails, then you can choose to use this kind of attachment. As we know cargo carriers will have large holding capacity and they have the benefit of unblocking the rear lights. Mounting loads is easier and you can perform it better. Benefits of installing roof rack are
- Suitable for large cargo things like bicycles, ski boards and so on.
- Your rear view will not be obstructed with a roof carrier.
- Do not need to attach brake lights.
- Cargo capacity can be maximized up to 200 pounds.
- For added security, you have the option of closed roof carrier.
- Your items are protected from weather conditions like rain and snow.
- Some roof carrier comes with double door that makes easier access to goods.
Most of the car carrier does not have hitch receiver that is considered to be a trailer hitch. With this option, you can have cargo, bicycle or any other carriers. This comes in various sizes and the size is not limited. That can be customized based on the customer preferences. Benefits of trailer hitch are
- This can be used on trucks
- Capacity of trailer cargo is larger than roof cargo carrier.
- This does not have wind resistance and are fuel efficient.
- When it comes to goods, you have a greater flexibility and have different shapes.
- Trailer hitches can be customized unlike roof carrier.